Thursday, November 24, 2016

The Du'a

Bismillah...

I literally stared at the screen blankly for a few minutes just now and decided to look at my older posts to get my 'voice' back. Writing lesser and lesser these days really took a toll on my skills.

I had a chat with one of my colleague recently and I was rambling about how I'm 'such a jerk magnet!!' To my surprise and to my horror, he suggested me to close this blog so I don't look as 'poyo' (nice choice of word hahaha) Of course, I will not consider this idea at all because from the very beginning this blog has always been a place for me to weave words to pour my thoughts and share my experiences.This is a baby step to my dream of publishing a real book of my own and I just won't give this up just because of being afraid of what people would say about me...





I came across this Du'a a few days ago. Well, it was not the first time I heard it. I remember having some discussion with some friends about the powerful meaning of this Du'a a few years ago. It's just that it reminds me of an unbelievable encounter a few months ago.

It was the first time for me to listen to the talk by this prominent figure in my field. I've heard of him and his disputed opinions but I decided to remain neutral until I listen to it myself. He started off with, "Before I begin, I would like to ask you to look at this from a scientific point of view. Not from religious point of view. Not from moral point of view." Then he began with some case scenario; one was about a guy who had a one night stand with another guy who he just met and another one is a woman who had just slept with a stranger. And he had suggested in both cases, medications should be given immediately to prevent the individuals from contracting disease.

My first reaction; I was dumbfounded, I thought, "Just how modernized and liberalized has the people around me become that morality and religion is totally ignored?" Well, as far as I know, for almost all diseases, if it's still in an early stage, lifestyle modification is the first recommendation. Even if the patient have been started with medications, it should also be followed with lifestyle modification. I don't understand why can't encouraging stopping the unhealthy lifestyle be emphasized as one of the preventive measure. It's the lifestyle they choose that will make them end up 'there'.....


And I started thinking about one of the basics in Islam, "To enjoin good and prevent evil..." and the guy standing in front was doing totally the opposite. I was not questioning his faith or his relationship with Allah or anything. It just saddened me that such a knowledgeable and influential guy is trying to get everybody to agree that this is the best measure for prevention; which will allow people to continue what's morally and religiously wrong. It might not be wrong anymore by moral standards in many other countries in the world. But what Allah has ordained as wrong will forever be wrong regardless if one day 99% of the world says it's okay. It's really heartbreaking to see a Muslim with such potential doing this to his own ummah, you know...


When I saw this Du'a, I saw the significance of having a beneficial knowledge together with a heart fearful to Allah from the aforementioned encounter. It is a waste and even a sin to not apply a beneficial knowledge. But it is also not right to have a beneficial knowledge but use it to encourage something that is against the Sharia. We were even taught to decline our own parents' requests if they are against Sharia...What more if it can affect the ummah...

To me this Du'a is very comprehensive and applicable in many areas in our life.

"From a supplication that is unheard.. From a soul that is never sated"

We asked a lot from Allah in daily basis and work-wise I really really very much want to be bestowed with the greatest patience because I can be short fuse at times. But yaaaa.. Allah answers Du'a in 3 ways; grant us with what we asked in His own time or not giving us what we asked because it might cause harm or it will be granted in the Hereafter. Whichever it is, then the soul must be grateful of what have been decreed.

And another important Du'a.. To always ask from Allah to be in His Guidance sebab Ustajiah pon selalu lupe jugaaaakkkk haha




Eyh.. Rasa macam jawab paper Islamic Input hahaha


No comments: