Monday, August 5, 2013

Austria: Salzburg (Part 2)

Assalamualaikum :)

I'm actually on a night shift right now and lucky me, the mild storm that passed this evening seem to have caused lesser patients coming for treatment at this hour... I was doing some research for our coming trip when I suddenly feel like writing the sequel of my own solo adventure..


So.. There I was.. Basked in fleeting luxury in a 4 star hotel in Old Town Salzburg. It was the most comfortable night  throughout my 1 week stay in Central Europe. I woke up early for breakfast; in fact I was the first guest to appear in the breakfast hall. How I wish I could get my hands on those tasty looking meat. I made myself some toast with butter and even packed some croissant for lunch. I checked out early, left my backpack at the counter and paced towards fortress to catch the first funicular. It was a cold winter morning but the air was still so it was still bearable.


I was surprised to see the temperature was as low as 2 C that morning. And I was not the only one who came 10 minutes before the station was opened. There were groups of Asians; Koreans and Indians already forming a line in front of the automated gate. O ya, I forgot to mention that I purchased a Salzburg card at the tourist info centre at the train station. You can either buy a card that's valid 24, 48 or 72 hours and it includes free public transportation, free admissions and price reductions at selected outlets and activities. The card also includes the funicular ride to the fortress :)


The funicular ride was a short one; I say less than 10 minutes, perhaps. So, what does the fortress has to offer?



It has several lookouts where you can see panoramic view of Salzburg. The above is my favourite owing to its position as being the highest among all the lookouts. The wall is set at a convenient height for safe picture taking.


Breathtaking.. Luckily it was not windy that morning so I could enjoy the bird's eye view of the city for as long as I like.. (^^)


The interior of the fortress were divided into many sections. There are museums; I went into one that tells the long history of the fortress and the puppet museum. The history is like extremely long; dated back from somewhere in the 11th century.. So I don't remember most of it. Heee



A porcelain model of the fortress


The Puppet Museum

Old Town Salzburg


I went to eat at the Indian Restaurant again before leaving the Old Town. I ordered Chicken Briyani and the friendly waiter approached me again as I wait for my order..

"Why are you alone? Where are your parents, darling?"
"My parents?" *Puzzled*
"Yes.. Your Parents.."
"I'm traveling alone. My parents are back home in Malaysia" I chortled

I find this funny because he must have thought "What is this little being doing wandering about alone far away from her homeland"
I immediately resolved to change my winter coat to a more mature colour in my next trip! And I did!! 



I decided to go to the station by foot so that I could see how the modern side of Salzburg look like.. 


Although it was winter and nothing much too see in any gardens, I still feel the urge to have a look at the Mirabel gardens.  



The best part of my visit to Austria is actually the journey back to Czech Republic. The sun was setting and I was captivated by the landscape that spread before me when I saw a moving brown object among the bronze colour of dried grass. I thought I saw a deer or maybe it was just my imagination . And then not long after that I saw a herd of deer grazing and  rabbits scampering to safety frightened by the sound of the train.. And think I saw them for like 5 times along the journey. Tapi tula.. Bila sorang2 terpaksa contain excitement heeee :p


Midway, there was an announcement made through the train speaker which was in Czech. Then, a conductor entered the cabin and spoke to the girls seated in front of me.  "These girl will help you" said the conductor and he left. I was puzzled. 

GG: Excuse me. What did he say?? What happen??
Girls: There is some accident and we have to stop at another station and take a bus from there to another station to change train. 
GG: Oo I see. Oh my, how lucky I am to have you girls who speak English with me

Then come another girl through the door

"Hi.. hello.. Does any of you speak English"
"Yes"
"O my gosh!!! I'm like so lucky. The conductor was like saying something to me and I was like what??? and nobody in my coach speaks English..."

Dan bermula lah perkenalan kami... 2 Czech-an sisters, 1 Malaysian and 1 American.. They were surprised to know that I was more than 5 years older than they are. Paling nda bole blah respon dorang bila tau career aku... (^^")

Czech-an girls

"So, you still studying?"
"Nope. I'm working"
"So what do you do..?"
"I'm a Pharmacist"
"You must have done a lot of  schooling, didn't you?"
"Eheh.. Yeah.. I used to.."

American girl

"So what did you study in University"
"I studied Pharmacy"
"O my gosh!!! That must be hard.. You must have spent lotsa time studyin'"

Statement dorang wat aku rasa nerd sangat~ Padahal.. I'm an ordinary girl who plays volleyball and futsal and rock climb~ 

Sayang nya xda gambar bersama..

Babye Salzburg (^^)/


And don't be confused~ 

No comments: