Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prague: Old Town Square

People say.. 3rd year of marriage will be one of the most challenging year.. And I hereby declare this statement is also applicable for your career.. This is my 3rd year working and it is the toughest year so far

(-_-") tengok jak la kekerapan mengupdate blog yang semakin berkurang.. huhu I need more traveling!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway.. I know this Czech Republic post is going slower than my Aussie trip posts so here goes huk huk!!!


So this was where I had my lunch and dinner combined. They had very delicious kebab, aromatic rice and pizza and the mocha was good too. The workers were friendly; we chatted a bit and during my 3rd visit, they already knew that for my order, I like lots of mayonnaise on top hehe


Saw this prostrating man on the bridge on my way back from the castle. There are quite a number of them actually and they can stay in that position for  hours! well.. I think so.. Because he was prostrating when I walked by the first time and was still in that position when I passed the second time. Or maybe he took a rest  somewhere in between when I was not around kan but still.. lama nya ko sujud begitu!




White swans on the river that evening (^^) Feel gila~ Rasa macam dalam video karaoke hehe


Actually, I was planning to go back straight to the hostel that evening. But when I was about to turn right in front of the Charles bridge entrance, to the direction of the hostel, I saw a huge crowd coming from across the street.. I wonder "What's in that direction??? There must be something there" Because I saw a huge crowd coming from that direction the day before too. So I crossed the street and followed the crowd that was going to that direction.. Gelap gelita jak rasa masa tu sebab semua nya tinggi2 and there I was, a small Asian woman, drawn by the crowd to the unknown~

dan mereka telah membawa ku ke...


Old Town Square!!!!!!!!!

I was actually planning to go here on the third day.. Ces! rupanya dekat saja! Dalam peta nampak jauh hehe

So that massive building is the Church of Our Lady Before Tyn. Well, after exploring St Vitus, I didn't feel like spending my scarce Czech crown to enter another church that day hihu so0o0o0 I just stroll around, be in the moment and snapped plenty of pictures.



The famous astronomical clock !! (^^)

Well, it's the oldest that is still working. I went to the square twice and was lucky to be there during the hourly chime. There was a huge crowd standing below it so I was quite far and being a shortsighted, I can't really see how the dial moved but I did see the moving figures; the apostles at the window and the skeleton and some other figures that dressed like Islamic scholars which they called the philosopher and the astronomer. 

What's so special about this clock??

1. It's OLD
2. It's an astronomical clock which tells the astronomical info; this one display the position of the sun and the moon

The one below the clock is actually a present-day calendar installed in the 19th century. Kagum okay~




So.. what else is there? There are stalls selling souvenirs and food. Eish bole tergoda jugak la mo rasa but I chose not to.. Just enjoy the wafting aroma..


This is the Jan Hus monument.. He was a protestant reformer somewhere in the 13th century. Was captured, imprisoned and burnt to death. And after that a war broke between the Hussites (the follower of Jan Hus) and the catholic crusaders in Prague... 


Another view of the square..

After strolling around on that cold winter evening (which  made it quite difficult to really be in the moment because it was too cold and I was walking at a quick pace to keep warm), I decide to follow the crowd again.. And.. it took me to...


The Powder Tower (^^)

It got it's name from being a gunpowder storage facility somewhere in the 17th or 18th century but originally, it used to be one of the main gate to the  old city

Next to it stood the Municipal House


I was actually awe-struck by the stunning architectural design; really suit it's function as a concert hall.. 

I actually wanted to explore more but the temperature got even colder as the sunset approached. So I went back to the square and saw this woman in white. She saw me watching her and struck a pose..


Walked towards her with my hands digging into my pockets to find some coins.. Stood in front of her and asked

"Kau nda sejuk ka??"

Finally I manage to spill some Malay words~ Well, Sabahan to be exact hehe

Waaah~ Seronok betol aku rasa on the way balik pi hostel.. This was something different from the rest of my travel.. I was alone and have just explored the buildings and monuments of the medieval and renaissance era... (^^) *NERD*

No comments: